Monday, October 27, 2008

New rec: Innerpartysystem

Ever since I saw them on the Voodoo Fest live feed, I've been checking out Innerpartysystem. (MySpace page, or cut and paste http://www.myspace.com/innerpartysystem) No surprise, I am liking them more and more. They sound like the love children of the Killers and Nine Inch Nails - well, except there was that one time when Trent Reznor was out of town, and Duran Duran and U2 came over to party, but, you know, the Killers just kept that a secret and never told Trent about that.

I am all over this band's sound. They have a brand-new album that came out on September 30th, and they are currently touring. I plan to see them in Baltimore next month. I can tell you from seeing the Voodoo feed, these guys are very good live. Their videos are interesting, but seizure-inducing. I can't embed the official video for the first single, "Don't Stop," but I can provide you a YouTube link to its creepy, flickery weirdness. Address if you prefer to cut and paste into your browser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh2y_BgTn5Q".

I can provide an embedded video for another song by Innerpartysystem called "This Empty Love," which has already gotten over 100,000 hits on YouTube in the last month. This video is tagged as "may not be suitable for minors," and it's kind of NSFW due to see-through clothing/drug use/extreme expression of enjoyment by the girl in it. It's unclear whether she is enjoying the effects of whatever she just smoked, or whether there is someone out of frame who is causing her enjoyment in a more direct way. I could definitely see this video going viral. Hell, I posted it, didn't I?

Remember, I warned you. Not really safe for work. Probably not good for your kids to see. But compelling viewing.

No comments: